General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that will enforce a stronger data protection regime for organizations that operate in the European Union (EU) and handle EU citizens’ data. GDPR constitutes the protection of personal data of employees, customers and others. In case organizations fail to comply with this regulation, they will be subject to heavy fines and damaged reputation. Considering that personal data represents critical and sensitive information that all organizations should protect, such a regulation will help put in place appropriate procedures and controls to prevent Information Security breaches. By May 2018, all organizations that operate in the EU should comply with this regulation.
- Compliant to Legal & regulatory
- Protect an organization’s reputation
- Minimize security incidents
- Build customer trust
- Retain existing customers and attract new customers
- Facilitate data access
- Ensure a stronger enforcement of rules
- Enable accurate storage of customer data
- Enable adequate access control
- Personal data
- Special categories of personal data
- Data controller
- Data processor
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Privacy by Design
- Privacy by Default
Let's Work Together
European Assessment and Certification Ltd.
19, Layton Crescent, Slough, SL38DP, UK.
Company Number 12819256
+44 7471 048859